This was a super easy meal – the crock pot did most of the work. It makes more meatballs than will fit on the sliders, but the leftovers can be combined with pasta or eaten on their own.
Spinach Meatball Sliders
- 1-26 oz bag frozen pre-cooked meatballs
- 2 cups Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I actually used a mix of cheddar, fresh mozzarella, and shredded mozarella)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 9 Hawaiian bread rolls
1. Combine the meatballs, pasta sauce, tomatoes, garlic, spinach, and dashes of salt and pepper in a crock pot and stir to combine. Cook on high for 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice Hawaiian rolls almost in half, leaving the top still attached. Top with mozzarella, then with meatballs and sauce from crock pot.
3. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread becomes toasty. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then put tops back on sandwiches.