Lance was off work today so he made dinner for us. We have exact opposite cooking methods. I’m a bit OCD, so I follow recipes precisely. He just throws together whatever he can find and whips up his own creations. I think most dishes that Lance makes are ones that have never been made in the history of cooking with the same mix of ingredients.
We bought way too many apples on our last grocery trip – about a dozen small Granny Smiths & another dozen of Red Delicious. So for dinner tonight we had salmon with pan-roasted apples.
I’ll try to outline what he created because it was amazing! But you’ll have to use your own judgment on measurements since he didn’t really keep track of that…
Salmon with Pan Roasted Apples
· Salmon filets
· 4 small apples (can be a mix of varieties), sliced
· Shredded coconut
· Fresh ginger, minced
· Caesar dressing
· Juice of ½ a lemon
· Juice of ½ a lime
· Dash of allspice
· Freshly ground pepper
· Olive oil
1. Heat a bit of olive oil and butter in a large pan on medium heat.
2. Add the shredded coconut, ginger, and peanuts and cook for a minute or two.
3. Add apples and Caesar dressing to the pan and continue cooking until apples start to soften (covered with a lid).
4. While apples are cooking, beat the egg in a bowl. Dip the salmon filets in the egg, and then dip in breadcrumbs. Top with salt & pepper.
5. Add the salmon to the pan and cook on both sides until salmon is crispy.
6. Squeeze the lemon & lime juice over the whole mixture and top with a dash of allspice.