Tonight we had Grandma Anne and my cousin, Jenn, over for dinner. Since Lance & I both worked today, I wanted to make something quick and easy.
I found this recipe for Pesto Ranch Chicken – it literally took 3 minutes to prepare this morning. And then the salad was pretty simple to throw together once I got home. The chicken was so incredibly moist – and would be impossible to mess up even for someone with no cooking skills whatsoever.
Pesto Ranch Chicken: (adapted from Picky Palate)
- 10 skinless chicken thighs
- 1-8 ounce jar pesto
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix (1-ounce)
- ½ cup chicken stock
1. Cut excess fat off chicken thighs.
2. Place chicken in crock pot, pour in pesto, ranch seasoning, and chicken stock.
3. Stir to combine seasonings, close lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours (mine was closer to 10 hours since I was at work all day today…but I actually preferred it cooked more).
Pear Gorgonzola Salad:
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 pears, sliced (there are 3 in the photo but I ended up just using 2)
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (If you need to learn how to seed a pomegranate, see this post)
- 2 ounces gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup praline pecans
- 1 T Trader Joe’s Champagne Pear Vinaigrette
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
1. Toss together & enjoy!