We bought Trader Giotto’s Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough, Italian Dry Salame, and Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce from Trader Joe’s yesterday, so tonight we made pizza for dinner. I love making homemade pizzas – they always taste 100x better than the frozen kind, and you can make any kind you can dream up!
The dough was fresh and very easy to work with. It was available in regular, whole wheat, or garlic & herb. I added artichoke and shrimp for a bit more variety and I loved the combination. Here’s the recipe:
Shrimp & Salame Pizza:
- 1 (16 ounce) package Garlic & Herb pizza dough
- 10 – 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 – 12 slices Italian dry salame
- 1 cup Creamy Tomato Basil pasta sauce
- ½ cup six-cheese Italian blend
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 – 3 artichoke hearts, sliced
- Handful of spinach/spring mix, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
1. Let pizza dough sit out for at least 20 minutes to soften.
2. Preheat oven to 450°.
3. In a small saucepan, sauté minced garlic and olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until almost pink (they will cook more in the oven). I bought unpeeled shrimp, so I had to remove the legs and shell before adding to the pizza.
6. Spread the sauce over the dough, and then top with remaining ingredients.