Lance got off work before me last night so he was in charge of dinner. One of his specialties is what he calls “Uno Nachos”. They are basically giant nachos made on tostada shells. They are always slightly different depending on the ingredients we have in the fridge, but tonight they were made with pulled pork. You can make them with whatever kind of meat you like – or just with beans if you want them vegetarian. Here’s our recipe:
· Corn tostadas
· Pulled pork (we used Lloyd’s Seasoned & Shredded Pork in BBQ Sauce)
· Shredded cheddar cheese
· Corn kernels (ours were fresh off the cob, but you could use canned)
· Hot Sauce (optional)
1. If you are using fresh corn, shuck the corn and place in a pot of boiling water. Cover the pot and return to a boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Remove corn from the cob and sprinkle paprika over the kernels.
2. Heat up your pulled pork (in a skillet or in the microwave).
3. Melt cheese over your corn tostadas (in the oven or microwave).
4. Assemble your tostadas however you like them!