I’ve made bacon wrapped dates for two separate potlucks this week – they are one of the easiest appetizers to make, and they taste incredible. Anyone could make these – it takes almost no cooking skills whatsoever.
The second batch I made I actually drizzled with balsamic glaze. You could also stuff them with goat cheese if you want to be extra fancy!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
· Dried, pitted dates
· Balsamic glaze (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your bacon in half.
3. Wrap each date in a half slice of bacon and hold together with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet with edges (to make sure the bacon grease doesn’t run off the sides).
4. Cook your dates for 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake them an additional 10 – 15 minutes more, or until the bacon starts to get crispy.
5. Put on serving plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.