Tonight I threw together a pizza from a bunch of ingredients we had in the fridge and it turned out fantastic! We still had a piece of Naan leftover from making egg curry and surprisingly it was still fresh. I was also excited to try out the garlic olive oil I bought yesterday at Kalamazoo Olive Company. And of course I love avocados. Here’s the recipe:
Avocado Garlic Naan Pizza
· 1 piece of Naan (I used Stonefire brand Garlic flavored)
· 2 T garlic infused olive oil (you can substitute regular olive oil + 1 minced clove garlic)
· 1 T basil pesto
· 1 T sun dried tomato & olive bruschetta topping (mine was Delicae Gourmet brand, but you could use any bruschetta)
· 1 cup shredded cheese (mine was an assortment of cheeses, including smoked gouda, cheddar, and mozzarella)
· 5-6 olives, sliced
· 1 avocado, sliced
· 1 tsp fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place naan on it.
3. Spread the olive oil, pesto, and bruschetta over the naan.
4. Top with cheese, olives, and thyme.
5. Cook until cheese is melted and naan is crispy, 10 – 12 minutes.
6. Top with avocado slices and serve.