I just started a new job 2 weeks ago. A few days ago, one of my new coworkers actually had her last day there, so we had a going away party for her with Mexican food. I made this new guacamole recipe and it was great! I’ll definitely use this recipe again. I actually didn’t have enough time to grill the avocados like they recommended – I’m sure it would be even more delicious though.
Sweet Corn Guacamole (adapted from Damn Delicious)
· Juice of 1 lime
· Pinch of garlic powder
· Pinch of paprika
· 3 avocados, halved, seeded & peeled
· 1 ear of corn
· ¼ cup minced red onion
· ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
· 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Shuck the corn and boil in water for about 10 minutes. Cut the corn from the cob.
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl (reserve a bit of the lime juice to top the guac so it doesn’t brown). Mash with a potato masher. Top with the remaining lime juice.
3. It’s that easy! If you have time to follow the original recipe, you can grill the avocado until lightly browned for about 3-4 minutes.
4. If you need it to keep overnight, you can press saran-wrap over the top (touching the guac to keep air from getting to it).