We had dinner at our friends Tony & Katie’s house the other night and I brought a salad. This is now one of my favorite recipes – it’s really healthy and the homemade dressing was sweet & tangy. It only took a minute to toss together.
The next day I had leftover and added grilled salmon - it could easily serve as a meal instead of just a side!
Berry Avocado Quinoa & Spinach Salad with Honey-Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
(adapted from Cooking Classy)
· ½ cup olive oil
· Zest of 1 lime
· Juice of 1 lime
· 2 T honey
· 1 T Dijon mustard
· ¼ t salt
· 2 t poppy seeds
· 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 2/3 cup dry)
· 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
· 9 oz. baby spinach
· 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
· 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
· 2 medium avocados, peeled, cored, and diced
· 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1. Toast the almonds & cook the quinoa. Mix all the dressing ingredients minus the poppy seeds in a bottle or jar until well combined. Stir in the poppy seeds.
2. Toss all the salad ingredients together. Enjoy!