This recipe is so easy and delicious that I made it for two different holiday parties last year. Our friend Tony had a potluck yesterday for his birthday, so this was my contribution. It’s been a hit each time I’ve made it!
Spicy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip (adapted from Jaime Cooks it Up)
· 1-12 ounce package fresh cranberries
· ¼ cup green onion, chopped
· ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
· 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed (or a larger pepper if you'd like it extra spicy)
· ¾ cup sugar
· ¼ t cumin
· 2 T lemon juice
· Dash of salt
· 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese
· Crackers for serving
1. Put your cranberries, green onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a food processer and pulse until coarsely chopped into small bits – you don’t want it completely liquefied.
2. Mix in cumin, lemon juice, and salt. Place in bowl in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (I left mine there overnight) so the sugar soaks into the cranberries.
3. When ready to prepare, spread your cream cheese at the bottom of a bowl. Top with the cranberry mixture, and then serve with your choice of crackers.