I made this recipe twice last weekend – once for a Beauty and the Beast girls’ night (photos here) and then for my Grandma’s birthday dinner. This is now one of my go-to easy appetizers. It looks super fancy but it’s actually very quick and easy to make.
Puff Pastry Wrapped Asparagus (adapted from Dash of Savory)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Season the trimmed asparagus with salt and pepper. Slice the puff pastry into 16 even strands, about ½ inch wide.
3. Begin wrapping the asparagus with the puff pastry with one side to the other. Line the sheet pan evenly with the wrapped asparagus.
4. Brush the egg wash onto the puff pastry and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden. Remove and serve immediately.