Here’s another recipe from my latest Cooking Light magazine (two in a week!) I thought peaches were in season but for some reason Publix didn’t have any, so I substituted apricots instead.
You could grill your flatbread, but since it was pouring rain the other night when we made this, we just baked ours in the oven. It was ready in less than 15 minutes.
Tomato, Apricot & Ricotta Flatbread: (adapted from Cooking Light)
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 T finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1 T finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 package naan breads (like Stone Fire)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced (we also had a baby tomato from our garden we threw in since it was ripe)
- 1 apricot, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 T fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/8 t sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle 1T olive oil over the naan and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes.
2. Combine the ricotta with the other 1T olive oil, 1T green onions, oregano, and pepper.
3. Remove naan from the oven and spread ricotta mixture evenly over. Top with tomato and peach slices, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
4. Put back in oven for 5-10 more minutes or until the flatbread gets to your desired crispness.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1T green onions, bail, and salt. Enjoy!