Last night I had some girl friends over for a tropical themed potluck. I was pretty excited to try out this recipe – I only hoped it tasted as great as it looked! It was actually very easy to throw together. I’d recommend making the dip the night before so it retains the domed shape – then top it the next day with the pecans to give it the pineapple look. It just had a hint of pineapple – I think next time I’d add in some chopped dried pineapple to give it a little more sweetness. But I think it was a success!
Savory Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip (adapted from The Healthy Foodie)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- ¼ orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 t whole grain mustard
- ¼ t black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper
- 75-100 pecan halves
1. Cut the top off your pineapple – chop a few leaves off the back side so it will lay flat on the serving plate.
2. Whip cream cheese and sour cream on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Squeeze the juices out of the pineapple and add to the cream cheese mixture along with the rest of the ingredients. Continue mixing on low until incorporated.
4. Create a dome shape on your serving platter with enough space for the pineapple top. Cover with press & seal wrap and refrigerate until the next day.
5. Toast your pecans in the oven for a few minutes. Let them cool to room temperature.
6. Take your serving platter out of the fridge and top with the pecans, adding layer by layer until it is completely covered. Place your pineapple top on the plate and add crackers and veggies for dipping.
Perfect to serve with a piña colada!