This Asian-inspired salad is one of my mom’s recipes. It’s really easy to throw together and since the base of the salad is shredded broccoli instead of lettuce, it stays fresh for days. I don’t really have exact measurements for the ingredients – you pretty much just do whatever proportions taste best to you.
Broccoli Slaw Salad
- 1 bag broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage)
- 1 cup more matchstick carrots
- 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 bag of dry ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- Balsamic glaze (I use Gia Russa brand)
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Toast almonds – keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
2. Toss the slaw, carrots, scallions, and apples together. Drizzle with the balsamic and oil.
3. Right before serving, toss in the ramen and almonds (to keep them crunchy). Enjoy!